Are you planning on hosting a summer bbq or gathering this year? Whether it's a 4th of July party, birthday party, or simple get-together, try incorporating these simple tips to make your outdoor event a hit!
1. Keep it Cool: Your guests wont last long at your outdoor party if the summer heat makes it too unbearable to be outside. Seating setup under patio umbrellas and shade canopies, as well as misting/oscillating fans, are simple ways to provide 'escapes' from the bright sun and high temperatures. And of course, keep plenty of cold drinks and ice on hand!
2. Keep it Bug Free: Consider having your yard sprayed for mosquitoes to keep your guests safe from those pesty bugs. If you prefer to keep your yard free from pesticides, invest in some natural candles and offer guests natural sprays to keep the mosquitoes at bay.
3. Simple Foods: Heavy, platted dishes can be difficult for guests to manage and enjoy at backyard parties. Offer finger foods or simple main dishes instead (such as burgers and hot dogs) so your friends can socialize and eat easily. And a serve-yourself drink station will allow you to enjoy yourself more as well!
4. Fun & Games: Some extra entertainment for your guests is a great way to liven the atmosphere. Cornhole, bocce ball, volley ball or badminton are easy (and inexpensive) games everyone can partake in. If kids will be attending, provide some simple outdoor toys like balls, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and even a sprinkler or baby pool.
5. Have a Back Up Plan: And as always, planning an outdoor event comes with the risk of rain. If your home cannot accommodate everyone inside, you may want to secure either a backup indoor location or plan for a rain date.
Author:Julie Caricato Phone: 770-851-0447 Dated: June 27th 2017 Views: 44 About Julie: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
As an Intown Atlanta resident for over 20 years, Kerry Lucasse knows the neighborhoods inside an out. She turned her passion for historic homes into a career in real estate. Prior to real estate, Kerry graduated from the University of Florida and then went on to manage the IBM.com Interactive Marketing team at IBM for more than 10 years. Kerry's marketing degree and extensive experience in internet marketing and customer service makes her well-equipped to serve the needs of her clients.
Learn more about Kerry's real estate services at: http://www.NestAtlanta.com or http://MetroAtlantaSuburbs.com